1. On this website you can use the magic of speech recognition to write emails, narrate essays and long documents in the browser without having to manually type using the keyboard. It uses the built-in speech recognition engine of Google Chrome to transform your voice into digital text.
2. To use this Speech To Text software, just connect the microphone to your computer and click the 'Start Listening' button.
3. SpeechToTextOnline.com uses your browser's local Storage to save all the transcribed text automatically as you speak. That means you can close the browser and it will resume from where you left off.
You don't have to speak in English as Chrome's engine can recognize quite a few languages including Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Malay, Indonesian and more. SpeechToTextOnline.com will automatically determine your browser's default launguage and uses it for subsequent transcriptions.
Hindi is the only Indian language that is supported at this time.
You can narrate long sentences in one go and Chrome's built-in speech recognition will transcribe them simultaneously.
1. Say "New Paragraph" to begin a new paragraph
2. Say "Comma", "Full Stop", "Question Mark" for punctuation
3. Click the "Stop Listening" button to end the speech recognition session. You can click the "Start" button again to resume transcription.